7 Tips for Choosing Your Next Boom Truck
Knuckle boom trucks are a major investment, so when you are choosing your next boom truck you should take care to do your research. What things should you consider when searching for the right boom truck for you? How can you make sure that your investment goes as far as possible? Westminster Hydraulics, Inc is here to help businesses just like yours make the right decision for your investment.
- Start by making sure that you know what you need. What size loads will the truck need to carry or lift? What capacity does the crane need? These factors will play a big role in what trucks are appropriate for your needs when choosing your next boom truck. As a general rule of thumb, you should choose a boom truck that can take care of 85% or more of your projects, as you can rent a crane with a larger capacity for the exceptions.
- How high do you need to lift things or how far do you have to reach things on the job? You should also consider lift height and reach when you are choosing your next boom truck. They are much more maneuverable than most cranes, which makes them a great fit for many different companies and job sites. This also means that you might want to have a crane with a higher range and height of motion to better suit your needs.
- Next, you can consider whether it might be worth adding a front or rear stabilizer to the boom truck. Front stabilizers help to make a crane more versatile, and they will improve the overall stability of the truck itself. By distributing the weight that you are lifting over a larger space, it can enable you to lift more safely or lift over the cub of the truck without issue.
- Do you want to buy a new truck or a used truck? Many businesses assume that they need to buy a new truck to get high quality, but, in reality, used trucks can be high quality and of incredible value. Westminster Hydraulics, Inc. can help you find used equipment that is high quality for a great price. If you aren’t sure whether used equipment could meet your needs, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team to learn more about your options.
- Do you have any special needs that you regularly encounter on job sites? This will come into play as you are choosing your next boom truck, as some are more appropriate than others for adding on accessories. We offer boom trucks that are highly customizable and that can be modified to meet your needs, whatever industry you work in. We are here to help you find the best way to do your job with ease.
- What conditions do you experience on job sites? The type of terrain that you work on and the various conditions will influence what type of boom truck is most appropriate. It is important to take consider the truck access at sites and take truck size and crane location into account.
- Finally, you need to consider the cost of the truck. When you are choosing your next boom truck you are making a major investment in your business, so you should never rush the process or try to speed up the research process. At Westminster Hydraulics, Inc., we offer a comprehensive range of boom trucks and other pieces of hydraulic equipment that get the job done right and for the right price.